Sunday, November 13, 2016

Take a walk with me...

I thought I would take you on a walk with me.  We aren't going very far today, just to my friend Sheryl's house and back.  Sheryl and I have some work to get done for the upcoming weeks and the day is so beautiful I decided to take pictures on my way.

Tis the season for blooming flowers.  The purple flower trees are also blooming but I would have had to go out of my way to get a good picture.


Just a sidewalk.

And another sidewalk.  I was actually trying to get a picture of the traffic cop/helper.  Loja streets weren't exactly built for vehicle traffic and now that more people own more cars it can get chaotic at times. These helpers guide traffic in an effort to keep things moving more smoothly. 

One of the churches, with a glimpse of the massive overhaul our current mayor is doing to the street systems.  The entire city is under construction.

Just a street view.


More street work.


This street was finished a month ago and they replaced the concrete sidewalk with a beautiful tile one.

And now they are working on plantings along the way.  This is really a beautiful place to live.


This is the auto service chicken restaurant (Angry Chickens).  I have no idea why the chickens are angry nor why this is an "Autoservice" restaurant. 


A walking bridge across the river.  (yes, this is considered a river- it does get much wider at points)

Look- road construction.


Surveying.  For more road construction.


Many of the intersections have street performers.  Which I LOVE!  If I ever get fired from being a missionary I will become a street performer.  Need to learn how to juggle first...


Schools out.  So are the genius entrepreneurs  who use the opportunities to sell goodies to hungry school children.


Stuck behind some slow moving students.  All students in Ecuador wear uniforms.


A glimpse of the gorgeous views I get to every day.

That same river a few blocks down widens out.


This is a view of some of the market shops.  I buy my rice here.
I actually needed some today...


Bags of rice which we buy in the quantities that we need.  I only had 3.00 so I bought just under 3 pounds.


And the door behind the red car (the one with all the flowers) is mine.  Home now.

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of Loja.

Here is how you can pray for us this week:

Our son Marcus suffers from type 1 diabetes and he has been having quite o time of it due to the flu causing sighing and uncontrollable blood sugars as well as bloody noses that have been keeping us all up last night.  We are grateful for good medical care but really wanting to see him completely healed. Please pray along with us.

This Thursday we will be hosting a pastor's breakfast with the purpose of encouraging them to allow the Impacto Mundial group to work along side their churches to mobilize them in participation on the great commission.  Please pray for a good turnout but especially for R- the young man who is co-coordinating alongside Becka as he take on the responsibility of preparation and speaking.  Pray for humility, boldness, and wisdom for him.

Becka's co-worker Sheryl has returned from home assignment and we could use your prayers as we plan out our next year and as we get used to be a team again.  Becka is so thankful for Sheryl's involvement in our ministries and is really biting at the bit to see how God is going to use us in the lives of young people and in the Loja church.

No comments: