Monday, March 31, 2014

Release.

Release.
That word has been coming up a lot lately.  Which is not so good for my brain, as you will soon see.

We have been talking a lot about disciple making.  That's my job.   Make disciples.  Sometimes it's really slow going and so we have been looking at methods.  Is our current method working?  Do we need to change it?  Tweak it?  Give it an overhaul?  What other tools are there that might help us?

It's been on our minds a lot lately, and one word that keeps coming up is the word "RELEASE".  Because a disciple must be released to make other disciples.  A true disciple loves Christ so much that he wants to see others follow Him.  In order for that to happen, the original discipler must release a new disciple to make new disciples.

Release.  When is it time?  How do we do it?

And that brings me to a recent Spotlight lesson.  (Spotlight is an El Sendero English club that meets twice a week to study a topic in English).  The topic was stress and a word was mentioned as being unfamiliar.

"What does release mean?" asked a student.

And that's when it happened.  Because, well, what choice did I have?  What does real mean after all?

"Let it gooooooo, let it goooooooo."

It won't stop now.  Two worlds have collided.  The missionary world with the Disney world and that STUPID song is firmly planted in my head so that now, whenever I hear the word "release" (which is often) I start belting out the only line of the song I happen to know. (I only saw the movie once, and that was in Spanish)

But, in order to sing more than just one line, I have written a couple more...

Let it go, let it go
All that Spanish you don't knowowow
Let it go.  Let it go.
Don't you know it will never flowowow.



I haven't figured out the whole discipling thing yet.

I have however figured out how to annoy the living daylights out of all my co-workers.

No comments: