Friday, January 10, 2014

An Interview with Sandri





Tell me something interesting about yourself: 
I like to play basketball and cook.

What is your favorite food:
Arveja con guineo and Cecina (this is a very traditional Lojano meal consisting of a pea and plantain soup and a salted and dried pork)

Cecina

Split Pea and Green Plantain Soup

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to spend time with my family and watch movies.

Tell me about your call to missions:
When I was 20 years old I met a lay pastor named Marco Andino who liked to evangelize in places where there was no existing evangelical churches.  Since then, I have had an intense longing in my heart to learn about missions and to be a discipler.
I took a variety of classes about missions and then had an opportunity to teach those classes to teenagers at a youth camp.
After that, I met an incredible servant of God named David, I married hime, and together we studied to serve in missions and our lives have been dedicated to that ministry.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
I have many favorite verse but two that have filled my life are:
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Psalms 37: 4-5 " Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, it's your turn to ask the questions!  What are some things you would like to know about Sandra Ludeña?  Put your questions in the comments and I will be sure to ask him.


And please don't forget that we are currently seeking financial partners for David and Sandra to continue their work with Sendero.  In the past, the cafe has been able to cover their living expenses but as of February 7, 2014 , this will no longer be possible and we must raise outside support for them.  Will you join their team?  Will you sponsor a national missionary so that Loja youth and students will have an opportunity to hear the gospel?

Follow this link ( http://www.sim.org/index.php/project/91065 ) which will take you to a page that has a Sendero Donate Now button.  Sign up for monthly giving and let us know right away so we can keep track of our progress! 
Or, you can send checks to the following SIM offices:

SIM USA PO Box 7900 Charlotte, NC 28241
SIM UK Free post CN1923 Stowmarket IP14 5ZW
SIM Australia PO Box 42 Penshurst, NSW
Please indicate that is is for project 91065


No comments: