An Interview with David

comments


In order for you to get to know David a little better, I sent him a few questions to answer.  It's a blog interview!  A first from Servants in Ecuador, but it was fun, so I hope there will be many more to come...


David, first, tell me about your call to missions: 
     When I was 14 years old I had a beautiful encounter with a risen Jesus and that experience marked my life personally and the life of my family.  When I was 17 years old, I had the opportunity to attend a youth camp named “The High Calling of God”.
  
     During this week at camp, we studied the Bible passage Ephesians 4:11-13 and the spiritual gifts.  After we finished studying each spiritual gift we set aside time to reflect, read recommended literature about the topic, and spend time praying; searching God’s will.

     During this time, I began to have a burning in my heart for evangelizing and discipling in areas that had not been reached by the church.  This feeling began to guide my life and I was very blessed to meet Sandry, a Christian girl who also showed a passion for missions.

     Over the years I had the opportunity to know and work with many of the SIM missionaries who worked very hard within my local church to raise the awareness of world missions.  It was during this time that Sandry and I decided to leave our professional lives for a vocational call to missions. 

     We had our training and from that time on we have lived to make disciples.


What is your favorite Bible verse? 

Acts 13:22 b "I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, who will do all my will."

And the verse I would like to be remembered by is in Acts 13:36 "For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep and was buried with his fathers."


What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to read literature about people who have had a great impact, like the apostle Paul, Hudson Taylor, Adroniram Judson, Martin Luther, the Elliot family, and John Wesley.


Tell me one interesting thing about yourself

I love making different kinds of vegatable salads as side dishes.

What is your favorite food?

Shrimp Ceviche, lobster, sea food, and all kinds of fruits!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, it's your turn to ask the questions!  What are some things you would like to know about David Ludeña?  Put your questions in the comments and I will be sure to ask him.


And please don't forget that we are currently seeking financial partners for David and his wife to continue their work with Sendero.  In the past, the cafe has been able to cover their living expenses but as of February 7, 2014 , this will no longer be possible and we must raise outside support for them.  Will you join their team?  Will you sponsor a national missionary so that Loja youth and students will have an opportunity to hear the gospel?

Follow this link ( http://www.sim.org/index.php/project/91065 ) which will take you to a page that has a Sendero Donate Now button.  Sign up for monthly giving and let us know right away so we can keep track of our progress! 
Or, you can send checks to the following SIM offices:

SIM USA PO Box 7900 Charlotte, NC 28241
SIM UK Free post CN1923 Stowmarket IP14 5ZW
SIM Australia PO Box 42 Penshurst, NSW
Please indicate that is is for project 91065






Category:

Comments (0)