Monday, November 9, 2009

Praising God-

Our hearts are full of joy today.

Last night our church voted to complete our support and we are now at 100%.

Please stay updated for an estimated time of departure.

Soon this blog space will be filled with news from the field (and will, therefore be far more exciting).

Keep praying for us. Reality is settling in. We will be spending the next couple of months wrapping up Dustan's job, getting our things packed, making sure we have everything we need, making decisions about what to take, and saying goodbye to family and friends.

Something has been weighing heavily on my mind that I would like to share with you. I think there is a sacrifice that is often overlooked when missionaries leave the field, and Dustan and I had to stare it in the face yesterday.
Life will change while we are gone.
People who are here when we leave will be gone when we get back. As they go on to heaven, we will be grieving in a foreign country.
God has blessed both Dustan and me with a chance to know our grandparents very well. All of my grandparents are living- as well as my great-grandmother! Dustan lost his first grandparent last year.
We know that as we prepare to leave, we have to say good-bye to them for what might be the last time here on earth. I don't mean to be morbid- or melancholy, but recent events have made me take a stronger look at what we might be leaving behind for good.

I tell you this because there are missionaries on the field right now dealing with serious sacrifices and I would like for you to pray for them today.
In particular, please pray for Jodi Janz, a missionary in Mmabatho, South Africa whose father has become seriously ill as she does God's work so far from her family.

Please remember to pray for our missionaries.

And thank you for all your prayers. it was, indeed, exciting to see God working through our church to make such a momentous decision.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Richert said...

YAY!!! I am SO super excited for you guys!! Can't wait to hear when you're leaving and will definitely be praying for you in all the adjustments... I definitely understand and am dealing with it still myself in coming back, losing my grandfather right after, and trying to find a new place here... But believe me, it's all worth it!! Love to you all!
Liz